A few weeks ago my mum called me into the kitchen and said, “Jess, can you make a clean version of this?” It was a recipe video on Facebook by Tip Hero which wasn’t clean – but looked incredibly delicious. It was chocolate oat bars. I immediately said “yes, I will make this clean!” and I did (it’s a win win for everyone. My mum, my stomach… and most importantly, your stomachs)
The one thing I absolutely love about this recipe is that it is so easy. You can have this ready to set within 10 minutes. I have made this about three times and each time I do, it disappears so quickly. Happy baking!
Original recipe by Tip Hero
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
100g 70% dark chocolate
1 heaped tsp natural peanut butter
Pinch of salt
- Line a rectangle baking pan with baking paper
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil, vanilla essence and rice malt syrup until combined. Stir through to melt
- Add oats, cinnamon and salt and fold through until the oats are covered in the liquid mixture
- Place half of the oat mixture into the baking tray and press down evenly. Place in freezer while you prepare chocolate/peanut butter cream
- Heat chocolate and peanut butter either in the microwave or in a saucepan. Remove oats from freezer and pour most of the chocolate directly on top, spreading evenly with a spoon.
- Top with the remaining oats and drizzle with left over chocolate mixture. Place in freezer for 1-2 hours, cut into squares and enjoy!
Leave a reply →
Can the oats be substituted for anything??
Unfortunately not. They’re a main ingredient for this recipe so I wouldn’t recommend anything else! I have lots of oat-free recipes on my blog that might be better suited for you. Hope that helps 🙂
I made this, and it was so simple and easy. I added some shredded coconut to the mixture. Taste better then it looks.
Thanks so much for sharing! I’m so happy you loved this recipe.
Happy baking 🙂
This is so delicious!! Just made a batch with ABC butter and coconut, awesome 🙂
Should they be stored in the fridge, freeze, or it doesn’t matter?
I’m so happy to hear you love these!
You can store them in the fridge or freezer – if you want to keep them for a longer period I would store in the freezer.
Hope that helps!