Introducing my new recipe, Easy Raspberry Muffins! It’s pretty obvious my new favourite obsession is raspberries – they’re packed full of flavour, are easily accessible (no need to run to the health food store for these) and can bring a pop of colour to any dessert.
Muffins make a great snack when they’re homemade and clean, but steer clear of the ones from your local cafe – these usually are packed with sugar and butter. Instead, whip up a batch of these light and fluffy muffins, make a coffee and you’ll get that cafe feeling in no time. Happy baking!
1 1/2 cup spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp mixed spice
3/4 cup rice malt syrup
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup shredded coconut + extra for decoration
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and spray a muffin pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients lightly.
- In a separate bowl, mix rice malt syrup, vanilla, honey and coconut oil. Lightly whisk the egg and add it through the mixture with almond milk.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the liquid mixture, shredded coconut and raspberries. Fold lightly until combined.
- Spoon one heaped tablespoon of mixture into each individual muffin cup until you’ve used up all the mixture and place it in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Let cool, sprinkle some coconut on top and enjoy!