Is it normal to get this excited over banana bread?! I first tried Crumble Banana Bread recently while honeymooning in Hawaii and it was a real eye-opener. The texture was soft, the crumble was crunchy and it was a banana bread experience I had never had before. I just had to recreate it clean!
This recipe is everything you want in a yummy banana bread, the soft and fluffy texture is complemented by the crumbly top – and it’s delicious! Super easy to make with natural ingredients, it’s one of my new favourites. Happy baking!
2 cups wholemeal flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup rice malt syrup
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, whisked
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tbsp Rice malt syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil (rubbed in)
For banana bread
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a rectangle cake tin with baking paper
• In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
• In a separate bowl mix melted coconut oil, rice malt syrup, bananas, eggs and almond milk until combined well.
• Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and add the liquid batter. Fold lightly and pour into cake pan.
• Place in the oven for 50 minutes total, removing it briefly at 25 minutes.
• After 25 minutes, remove the banana bread from the oven and add the crumble on top.
• Place back in the oven for the remaining 25 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
• Combine all ingredients except coconut oil in a large bowl.
• Rub coconut oil through the mixture using your hands until a crumble texture is formed.
• After the banana bread has been in the oven for 25 minutes, sprinkle the crumble on top, pressing down into the batter lightly, until you cover the banana bread. Place back in the oven for 25 minutes.