Guys, it’s nearly spring. Therefore, you can expect some fruity desserts your way – and here’s the first – raw strawberry and chocolate cheesecake. It’s no secret chocolate goes with everything, from peanut butter (delicious) to oranges (yep!) the opportunities are endless. This recipe however, I’ve paired it with chocolate and the result is seriously delicious.
The inspiration for this recipe came from This Rawsome Vegan Life who I’ve been obsessed with even before I started this blog. If you’re entertaining guests, this raw cheesecake is what you need to make to impress. It not only tastes like a chilled, fruity yet sweet cheesecake, it also looks gorgeous on a plate. Happy baking!
Strawberry and chocolate cheesecake
- Line a circular baking tray with baking paper
- Place dates and cashews in two separate bowls with boiling water for at least 20 minutes
- Add all base ingredients, including dates, to processor and process until well combined. Pour in baking tray and flatten evenly using a spoon and place in the freezer
For strawberry cream:
- Blend all ingredients until a creamy texture is formed. Pour over cheesecake base evenly and place in the freezer for at least 15 – 20 minutes
For chocolate cream
- Blend all ingredients until a creamy texture is formed. Pour over strawberry cream evenly and place in the freezer for one hour
- Place strawberries on one half of the cheesecake with green stems sprinkled in between any gaps. On the other half, place chopped dark chocolate unevenly and pour over melted chocolate on the chocolate half. Enjoy!