Finally – a new recipe is here! I’m so sorry for the lack of new recipes lately; I have been so busy between life and launching my new eBook with Danielle Robertson, Simply Good. Which is awesome and you guys should check it out! Clean Notella donuts anyone?
I was so happy when my boyfriend asked me to make this raw mint slice last week because 1. I love anything with mint in it and 2. What could be better than a clean version of the best slice ever? I knew it wasn’t going to last long… and it didn’t. It was gone within 24 hours. Try it for yourself 🙂 xx
1 cup walnuts
7 pitted dates, soaked for 5-10 min
2 tbls rice malt syrup
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbls cacao powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup cashews, soaked for 5-10 min
3 tsp peppermint essence
1 drop of green food colouring
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
3/4 cup rice malt syrup
100g 70% dark chocolate
- Process walnuts until fine and add remaining ingredients. Line a small rectangle baking tray with baking paper and place base mixture in evenly, pressing down until flat. Place in freezer while you prepare the cream
For mint cream:
- Blend all ingredients until a creamy mixture is formed – this may take 2-5 minutes depending on your blender. Texture should be creamy without any trace of chunky cashews
- Pour mint cream over base mixture and spread evenly with a spoon until fully covered. Place back in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Remove mint slice from freezer and cut in squares
- Melt dark chocolate and pour over each individual slice to form the chocolate topping. Place back in freezer for 15 minutes before serving.
- Store in freezer and enjoy!