Earlier this year, my best friend made me a gorgeous cookie cake for my birthday that read ‘Happy Birthay.’ Spelling mistake aside (sorry Re), this was a thoughtful and delicious way to make my day extra special and I decided to recreate the cake in a clean version, of course.
This recipe is exactly the same as my Clean Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies recipe only with a different oven temperature and baking time. Super easy to make and a great idea for a special occasion – surprise a loved one with this healthy treat!
2 cups whole-wheat or wholemeal flour
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup rice malt syrup
¼ cup almond milk
2 ½ tbls natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips or vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line a circular cake baking tray.
- In a mixer or large bowl, combine coconut oil and rice malt syrup, and then add almond milk and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together lightly and pour into mixer with peanut butter.
- Mix thoroughly to a cookie-dough and fold through chocolate chips slowly.
- Using your fingers, press down mixture evenly into baking pan.
- Bake for 12 – 13 minutes, let cool and decorate!