I know it’s a little early to get excited – but it is starting to feel like Spring is amongst us in Melbourne and I wanted to celebrate this much anticipated weather by creating something fruity and colourful. Unfortunately the sunnier season is still a month away, but this lovely creation will make you feel as though a tiny piece of summer has returned.
These gorgeous blueberry tarts are vibrant, easy to make and most importantly – they taste divine. Totally clean and healthy, these treats are great to serve to guests for afternoon tea – enjoy!
1 cup walnuts
½ cup desiccated coconut
6 pitted dates
1 tbls rice malt syrup
1 cup soaked cashews (for 10-15 minutes)
1 tbls coconut sugar
¼ cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
¼ cup water
5 pitted dates
½ cup blueberries
- Spray a cupcake pan with baking spray.
- Soak dates for 5 minutes in hot water and process walnuts until fine.
- Add all other ingredients and process.
- Press mixture down evenly into cupcake tray leaving a well for the cream in each one, and pop in the freezer while you prepare the cream.
For blueberry filling:
- Blend soaked cashews with water until a creamy texture is formed.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well, the blueberries will form a rich purple colour.
- Pour the filling evenly into each tart and pop in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Decorate with fresh blueberries on top and shredded coconut. Enjoy!