OK, I need these in my life every single day. These crunchy chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies are exquisitely AMAZING. I never imagined to see a day that a healthy cookie recipe would live up to my Mother’s, but the time has miraculously arrived and I am not complaining! The dark chocolate chips generously distributed throughout the peanut butter biscuit leaves an indulgent surprise – especially when munching on them straight out of the oven (if you’re like me, you may burn your fingers – be patient!)
My cookies are proof that you can substitute the ingredients in sugary dessert recipes for a healthy version that tastes just as delightful! Let me give you a couple examples:
1 cup of butter = ½ cup coconut oil
1 cup of brown sugar = ½ cup rice malt syrup
Simple substitutions make it easy to recreate your favourite recipes into a guilt-free treat that you won’t regret. So go on, grab another cookie… you know you want to.
2 cups whole-wheat or wholemeal flour
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup rice malt syrup
¼ cup almond milk
2 ½ tbls natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips or vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line baking tray.
- In a mixer or large bowl, combine coconut oil and rice malt syrup, and then add almond milk and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together lightly and pour into mixer with peanut butter.
- Mix thoroughly to a cookie-dough and fold through chocolate chips slowly.
- Using your fingers, roll mixture into small balls and place onto baking tray while pressing lightly on each cookie with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool! Enjoy!