Behold the clean cupcake recipe! It truly amazes me how simple it is to create healthy desserts with no sugars or butter. Cupcakes are known to be a true treat and I am extremely excited to share this recipe and encourage you to act on behalf of your sweet tooth and devour!
Usually, when you decide to consume this adorable dessert it’s instilled in your mind that this scrumptious teeny cake contains a large amount of calories, fats and sugars. And you’re right. Cupcakes are definitely not healthy, however no guilt needed when you make these pretty little cakes. Caramel and coconut is not usually combined in one flavour and I wanted to create something a little unique and different – and the result is truly delicious. These two flavours work brilliantly together in this fluffy cake – try it yourself!
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup shredded coconut
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
11 – 12 pitted dates
1/3 cup almond spread
3 tbls coconut oil
¼ cup almond milk
2 eggs (optional – if you prefer no eggs, add extra almond milk)
½ cup rice malt syrup
¼ cup date water
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
½ cup cashews
3 pitted dates
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tbls almond spread
2 tbls rice malt syrup
½ cup almond milk
- Place oven on 170°C and line 10 paper cases in a cupcake pan.
- In a mixer or large bowl, sift flour and add all dry ingredients and combine well.
- Soak dates for 2-3 minutes in hot water and then place dates inside a processor and put aside the water.
- Process dates with almond spread and melted coconut oil to make the caramel. Add to dry mixture and combine well.
- Mix through the remaining ingredients well and add extra date water if needed.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of mixture into each paper cupcake case and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Let cool while you make coconut topping.
For coconut cream:
- Blend all ingredients together until a cream is formed. Add extra water if needed to make thinner. Also try cream and add extra coconut if you prefer a stronger coconut taste.
- Scoop one tablespoon of cream on top of each cupcake and smooth over cupcake evenly and enjoy! Mmmm