You love banana bread, but what about banana & choc bread?! Elevating the lockdown favourite with a hint of chocolatey goodness, this recipe will have you drooling at every bite (and going back for more!)
My husband and I devoured this in less than 24 hours and I’m not upset about it. It was worth every bite. Plus it’s super easy to make so I know I can make it anytime, anywhere.
1 3/4 cup wholemeal flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
3 bananas, mashed
100g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a rectangle baking tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer or large bowl, combine all wet ingredients including maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil and eggs, one at a time. Leave out the banana for later.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet including wholemeal flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Fold with mixer or by hand.
- Add mashed bananas and chocolate and lightly fold until combined.
- Pour mixture into tray and place in oven for 35 – 40 minutes until browned. Let cool, slice and enjoy!