Oh goodness. Life has unfortunately taken over these past few weeks so I apologise for my lack of yummy recipes, however my newest creation will make up for it! There’s really no better team than chocolate & peanut butter. One of my favourite all time recipes is Chocolate & Peanut Butter Bars (in the ‘Recipes’ page) so to combine lush chocolate mousse over a delicious peanut butter base is quite genius… if I may say so myself.
This great-sized dessert is sweet enough to be misunderstood as ‘a sugary treat’, pretty enough to be presented at your friend’s high tea party, and healthy enough to feel guilt free about feeding yourself a few in one go… enjoy!
Peanut Butter Base: Chocolate Mousse:
1 cup walnuts ½ cup rice malt syrup
7 pitted dates ½ cup cashews
¾ cup desiccated coconut 1 tbls cacao
1 tbls rice malt vegan chocolate chips
1 1/2 heaped tbls peanut butter or sugar free dark choc
Pinch of salt A splash of almond milk
- Soak dates in hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- Process walnuts until fine and then add dates. Add remaining ingredients and process thoroughly until mixture sticks together.
- Spray a small cupcake pan with baking spray and place mixture in evenly about ¼ of the length while pressing down with a spoon. Place in freezer while you prepare the chocolate mousse.
For chocolate mousse:
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until there are no chunks of cashews left in the mousse.
- Taste and add water if mousse needs a creamier texture or add extra rice malt syrup if you want the mousse a little sweeter.
- Pour the mousse over the base evenly and pop in the freezer for around 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and sprinkle cacao nibs to decorate and serve!