It’s no secret that brownies are awesome. No, better than awesome, they’re the ultimate dessert when you feel like something naughty, chocolatey and sweet. I have eaten so many brownies in my 26 years, most of them full of sugar, milk chocolate and butter… until I started my blog.
My fudgy brownies are better than all of these for a few reasons: they have no processed ingredients, taste amazing, are delicious AND you guys asked for them. 91% of you, in fact, over on Instagram (follow me if you aren’t already). I hope you enjoy these brownies as much as I did! Happy baking x
1/4 cup almond butter
1 cup rice malt syrup
1/3 cup cacao
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs – beaten
1/2 cup spelt flour (or flour of choice)
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 and line a square baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl whisk rice malt syrup, almond butter, coconut oil, vanilla essence and salt until it looks almost like caramel.
- Sift cacao through slowly while folding in between.
- Add beaten eggs in increments and then sift spelt flour and combine. A dark, thick brownie mixture should be formed.
- Fold through chocolate chips and then transfer mixture to your baking tray. Use a spoon to even out the mixture.
- Place in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes and enjoy! Serve both warm or cooled (I personally love warm!)
Leave a reply →
Could you substitute the almond butter for something else? My friend is allergic to nuts but i wanted to make her some healthy brownies
You can just leave the almond butter out of the recipe 🙂 hope that helps!
Can you replace rice malt syrup for something else
Yes you can! Stevia or maple syrup will also work well 🙂