It’s no secret that I love Nutella. Whether it’s winter or not – I can’t go past a nice big scoop of the gooey goodness that is Nutella – so I try to stop myself by making clean versions of treats with a hint of Nutella deliciousness!
This cake is extremely easy to make… 5 ingredients. In the oven for 35 minutes. And you’re done. The combination of hazelnut meal with cacao powder means your Nutella fix is just a mouthful away without the guilt. Enjoy and don’t forget to upload an image and hashtag #mycleantreats – I love to see your creations! All ingredients can be purchased online (hooray!) from The Source Bulk Foods.
150g coconut oil
3/4 cup cacao powder
1 cup rice malt syrup
1 cup hazelnut meal
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a circular baking pan with baking paper.
- Place coconut oil and cacao in a saucepan and stir until combined and melted
- In an electric mixer, combine eggs and rice malt syrup
- Add hazelnut meal and the chocolate mix to eggs and rice malt syrup and fold lightly until combined
- Pour into the baking pan and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool, dust some cacao powder over the top and enjoy!