Somehow this year has flown by and we are nearing the end of 2015, and more importantly, the greatest excuse to eat as much food as our stomachs can handle – Christmas. One of the reasons I make these desserts is so I can eat MORE of something. For example – would you rather have a few bites of a normal Christmas dessert, or a few slices? We all know the difficulty with living with a sweet tooth day by day…
These Christmas Star Peanut Butter & Chocolate Biscuits are perfect to enjoy during the silly season. The crunchy peanut butter biscuit dipped in rich dark chocolate makes for the perfect salty and sweet combination – and who can resist cute Christmas shapes? Great to share around at work, with your family, or by yourself watching Christmas Carols. And don’t worry; you can have more than one 🙂
2 cups spelt or wholemeal flour, sifted
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup rice malt syrup
¼ cup almond milk
2 ½ tbls natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 block of dark chocolate (I used Lindt 85% dark chocolate)
Sprinkles of desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line baking tray.
- In a mixer or large bowl, combine coconut oil and rice malt syrup, and then add almond milk and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together lightly and pour into mixer with peanut butter.
- Add extra flour to your hands and fold the cookie dough using your hands until a dough texture is formed. Place flour on the kitchen bench and spread out the dough.
- Roll out the dough evenly with a rolling pin until it is flat and even – ensuring it isn’t too thin as this will make them easy to break.
- Using a Christmas star cookie cutter – begin placing the cookie cutter down firmly in the dough and removing quickly. Continue this until the dough is covered in Christmas stars. Remove lightly using your fingers and a spatula and place on baking tray. Repeat this until all of your cookies placed on the tray. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- While the cookies are cooling, melt the dark chocolate. Dip each cooled biscuit into the dark chocolate and place back on the tray. Repeat this for each cookie and let cool for 1 hour. Once the chocolate has set sprinkle coconut over each Christmas star and enjoy!